Results

Latedave is running a 2k WFB campaign using the Blood in the Badlands supplement.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Re: Results

Post by Chilledenuff » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm

My Orcs and goblins are happy to hire out our siege towers and battering ram to allies for no price, of course others can hire them but that'll cost relics or magic items :D
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Haha dammit, forgot you get to see my list! Will do it tonight hopefully, I need to start considering my RR one as well

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 am

The 2400 Savage Orc list beat down Dane's 2750 priest list last night :shock: Rolling a 1 on spoils of war, the priest army now hates savage orcs, rolling a 6 on the inglorious defeat table, the priest list now hates savage orcs. In addition the Priest list has scattered and will no longer be available (until Summer) :D
Must admit when the Stank hit the 1st unit of savages in the flank I thought it was going to be a bad day at the office but they help somehow and then gork stomped the greatswords into (almost) oblivion.
When the horde of swordsmen hit the big uns andf other savage orcs it could have been touch and go but the swordsmen just couldn't wound the savages, unfortunately for them the big uns could wound them back. When this unit broke it was game end. Arch Lector(?) escaped miraculously to get +1WS but the army's resolve appears to have been smashed (until the agitators rile them up for the next season)
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:17 am

Disaster for the Lizards against the Dark Elves, holding two of the fortifications in the siege but being comprehensively beaten on VP's, whilst excellent at the smiting sadly the huge array of death magic killed off all the armies characters! Although at least the Dark Elf priestess became a frog for a turn! Still need to roll on the spoils of war table.

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Post by Psiclops » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 am

Was a fun game, and we finished in time, which was our main concern with sieges. While it takes a while to set up, I thought it might actually be faster to play than a normal game, as there is alot more maneuvering before units are committed to combat in a pitched battle, but with a siege the maneuverings are limited.

The rules defining how the combats differ from the main rulebooks rules on assaulting a building are kindof unclear from the book, but I think we muddled through. Infact there are no definitive set of rules in there, just an example (which in iteslf seems wrong, as it shows an assualting unit having to make a break test, which in the main rules it doesn't have to - it just falls back).

I think we established the following :

Each section is treated as a building, and if it is unbreached and you are assualting it from outside the city/fort then you get WS halved, rounding down. Only 1 unit can assault from outside, but multiple units can assault if they are assaulting from a connected section - 10 models total limit still applies but can be taken from a combination of assaulting units. Likewise, allied units neighbouring the defending unit who aren't themselves being assaulted can assist in a similar way, additionally adding +1 to Combat Res.

If the assaulting side loses the combat or if it is drawn, no break tests are made - the assaulting unit outside retreats to just over 1" away, any in neighbouring sections stay where they are.

If the assaulting side wins the combat, the defending unit must take a break test (WITHOUT automatically being steadfast from the normal rules on assaulting buildings - it is implied that this is the case without explicitly saying so. Stubborn/Unbreakable from seperate special rules will work though). If an assisting unit lent any fighters to the combat, then it also has to take a break test, but not if it just lent the +1 to Combat Res.

Units that fail the break test flee out of the building section into the courtyard. If the unit occupying the assaulted section passes the break test, then the assault has failed UNLESS the section is breached in which case it can either retreat to a connected, unoccupied section, or leave the building on the opposite side to the assault, either ending 1" away facing the section as if IT had failed the assault, or leaving as if it had left the building (normal move distance away), at the controlling players discresion.

This should help for future sieges (which I think we'll have quite a few of, as denying your enemies their cities/forts is worth doing !)

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:40 am

Might check if Martin fancies joining in given there hasn't quite been a decisive result just yet!

Return to “Blood in the Badlands campaign”