Waaagh Gladragz

Latedave is running a 2k WFB campaign using the Blood in the Badlands supplement.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Waaagh Gladragz

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:06 am

Dashoywteyestwun and his tribe of savage orcs, the Utulivu tribe have departed the deep dank jungles of the Southlands and are making their way up through the Badlands towards the old world. All because of a dream that their now dead Shaman had about some Wood Elves. The reason for their quest? Dashowteyestwun is trying to discover what 'red' is. Dungflinga had exploded before he'd had time to explain.
As the tribe slowly makes it's way North, (occasionally South, East and West due to the Warboss' inability to listen to other orc's advice combined with his lack of direction skills) many other orcs have joined the tribe. The promise of a good fight enough to keep them loyal. As they've travelled the tribe has also captured some wild beasts that it can release on unsuspecting opponents, much to the glee of the watching orcs

And the tale commences! Here is the tale of the Utilivu tribe and it's erstwhile Warboss Dashowteyestwun. Interspersed amongst fluff will be work in progress shots and battle reports/army list ideas (mainly because this will also feature as my RR12 list).

First Work in progress shots. After 10 minutes work this morning with an army painter Angels Green spray can the flesh on the first unit of Boyz and the Boar Boyz is about 70% done:
I'm still undecided about the quality of the Army Painter sprays. As you spray it looks like the paint isn't covering the models. I find that I have to stop and check every so often because it's very easy to overspray with them. I can't deny how useful it is though to have a spray in the basecoat colour of the army! My bigunz will be different and more irksome to paint as my mix for bigunz is always a 50/50 mix of green/black, so a good old fashioned black undercoat for them :)
The boars will get a brown spray as an undercoat (because I'm THAT lazy!). Then a bleached bone drybrush, flesh coloured faces and a good old fashioned ink wash.

I still have to decide on what colour warpaint to give them. White looks good if you can paint well (so that's ruled out for obvious reasons), Blue also looks nice, but I've got blue shields on the night goblins already. The bases will be done the same as all of my other Greenskins so I don't need to have the same again. Same with Orange. Lots of orange squigs so I shan't do that. Yellow is a bitch to paint, as is pink so it probably won't be those colours either. Turquoise is out because of all the lizard/snake skin on the models, it is lizardy enough for me to use for that detail. Red is out because of my ongoing fluff, although it could be very droll . Black Warpaint is out because it is too close to the warboss/big unz skin tone. Feel free to suggest any colours here if you have any ideas. :D
Last edited by Chilledenuff on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Chilledenuff

Re: The history of Waaagh Utulivu

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Found my trolls;

Black cat bases:

£7.50 each or £12 for 2, four different torsos and 4 different pairs of arms. All interchangeable. So if I decide to drop the giants for big troll units then these will be the replacements. Clearly warpaint on gorillas = 4+ regeneration

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Post by Latedave » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

brutal looking army Les, ill look forward to either crushing it under the will of the old ones, or erm running away undrr thebleadership of Sir Robin!

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:02 pm

As promised on Tuesday, here is the list that was used to good effect against Rab. It will probably get tweaked between now and RR beyond all recognition but still, here it is:

Dashoywteyestwun Savage Orc Warboss with a shield and the battleaxe of the last Waagh 255 points

Dungflinga Savage Orc Level 4 great shaman with Fencer's blades, Talisman of Preservation and a dispell scroll 310 points

Total Lords: 564 points

Ayesgottastickwivstuffonnaend Savage Orc Big Boss, BSB he has Glittering Scales, Dawnstone and Shield 152points

Iskosovdasparepoynts Savage Orc Big Boss with additional hand weapon and Dragon helm 87 points

Dawunoomaykestuffpop Savage Orc Level 2 Shaman with shrunken head 120 points

Total Heroes: 359 points

Lobebitaz Lads 20 savage orcs with big stabbas, full command and additional hand weapons 235 points

Iskosovdasparepoynts 'oodlums 20 savage orcs with big stabbas, musician and standard 220 points

Scaree boyz 20 savage orc big unz with big stabbas, additional hand weapon and full command 275 points

total Core: 730 points

ladz on pigz 10 savage orc boar boys with additional hand weapon & full command 235 points

Da troll Troll 35 points

Da Uvva troll Troll 35 points

Total Special: 305 points

Chuffin' big monkee Giant with warpaint 220 points

Bleedin' 'ooge monkee Giant with Warpaint 220 points

Total Rare: 440 points

Army Total: 2398 points

Not sure if I'm happy with it though, performed well enough (ie it won!) but something didn't 'pop' (apart from my level 4!). Tempted to drop Iskosovdasparepoynts, frees up 87 points which combined with the 2 spare gives 89 points to play with. Thats a 3rd troll and a magic standard for the boar boys. 2 giants work so I don't want to drop one. One giant has the life expectancy of a chocolate teapot (even with a 6+ ward save!). I shall deliberate

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 am

Last night I built/converted one of my two lieutenants. Not named/painted yet, but he does look menacing. A combination of plastic warboss arm and shield, savage orc head and hand, itsy bitsy bit of green stuff and a classic ogre:

Surprisingly lean and tall. He will (just about) rank up in a unit of orcs. Probably paint him in faded washed out colours as befits a general from the badlands.

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 am

Gladragz looked down at the semi naked orc below him. It had been a good fight and it seemed that the other orc finally understood who was the meanest orc around. The attack by the savage orcs last night had come as a pleasant surprise to the belligerent black orc.

Dashowteysetwun and his savage orc tribe had come careening down the side of the valley into the camped Night Goblins under the command of Aznut Goddaklu, the furtive Night Goblin boss. After rampaging through the gobbos, who had scarpered very quickly , the savage orcs had continued straight into the camps of the orcs. Here their charge had died down somewhat as the boyz put up a more stoic resistance. This was to be their undoing as it gave Gladragz and the black orcs time to wade in and settle the fight. Gladragz had seen to this personally by calling the Savage Orc's boss out to single combat.

The ensuing combat was a clash of epic proportions. Both orcs were similar in size and strength but both had an advantage over the other. Clearly Dashowteyestwun was the more zealous, his near insane frenzy showing with the sheer number of blows he rained down on Gladragz (his magical choppa may have been of some assistance here) as well as the foam and drool flying from his fanged mouth. However Gladragz advantage was his cunning. He parried blow upon blow until he had worked out his opponents strategy, every time Dashowtestwun attacked there was a small pause as he raised his choppa above his head. Gladragz simply waited until this moment occurred, and each and every time he punched the savage orc squarely on the nose.

After taking a good 40 or 50 such blows (each of which would have flattened a human) the savage orc was starting to fade somewhat. Still trying to fight, Dashowteyestwun had been reduced to kneeling in front of the Black orc. It was at this point that Gladragz had gestured to two of his ladz to hold the savage orc down.

And this was the position the savage orc was in now. Gladragz could see the savage trying to struggle free to continue the fight. Smiling approvingly he looked down at the savage 'Wat do youz want?' he asked.
'Eyez onna kwest' replied Dashowteyestwun 'from Gork 'n Mork'
Gladragz paused, there was no stopping a religious fool. 'A kwest you sayz, but dats no reason to pick on my gobbos. Wotz your kwest for den?
'Red' was the single word reply
Confused by this answer, Gladragz looked out across the plain towards the badlands where he knew other races were gathering armies for some unknown reason. He paused to think. Grinning horribly he knew this savage might come in useful. 'I know where we can find plenty of red, do as I say an' we'll find lotz of red' He gestured to the black orcs to release the savage.
Dashowteyestwun stood up and he looked Gladragz square in the eye 'You know wot Red is den?' he asked in n awestruck voice.

Gladragz bellowed with laughter, his horde had been bolstered with the addition of a savage orc tribe it seemed. Waaagh Gladragz would make it's way across the badlands through any opposition it met and onwards into the 'oomie Empire. It was a good time to be an orc he decided...

So now we have two of the Generals in my army known. Gladragz and Dashowteyestwun. Need to decide whether the third is an orc or goblin. Too many choices, although if I want to use my newest conversion it'll have to be an orc. Sigh, it's a hard life :D

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 am

Savage orc giants:

Obviously unpainted, but you get the gist. :D

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Gladragz stood up. He looked at the two generals of the separate forces, Dashowteyestwun was to take his tribe of savages to the west while the gobbos that weren't involved in protecting the camp and building idols to Gork and Mork would be under the command of Shablam, the Goblin shablam to the North. Whilst these two unpredictable elements were out of the way Gladragz and his ladz would be free to terrorize the rest of the badlands without too much interference from them. Raising his voice to a crescendo he bellowed in his loudest voice 'Dis is it ladz. We'ze gonna konker it all. Da badlandz will be arz. Lotz of uvver armiez are massin' or so da gobbo scoutz tells us. Weez gonna krump 'em good. Da badlandz willl be ourz!'

He paused, looking at each of them in turn and lied 'Den weez gonna continue up froo da 'Oomie lands. We'll find da red wot you iz searching for' he said looking at Dashowteyestwun, 'And den Shablam, weez gonna get yooz da Tribe wot Rides Spidas lands back.'

This was all bluster on his part, placating the two of the generals so they wouldn't cause too much trouble. He trusted Shablam to follow orders as the goblin was clearly terrified of him. Dashowteyestwun though had never really fitted in with the horde and Gladragz didn't trust him at all. Having his tribe wandering around causing trouble suited Gladragz down to the ground. Mayhem caused by the Utulivu tribe and the combined goblin and night goblin army under the title of 'Gladragz Grandest Oonifyed Gobbo Strategik Forse' would distract other generals from the main army under his command. The goblin army's name had been chosen to further confuse the other armies in the area, elves and humans struggled at the best of times to tell the difference between one greenskin and another.

He continued his speech to them both 'Get goin'! Dere is enemeez to krump! Geddem! Go!'

The generals each went back to their respective armies and prepared to move on....

Chilledenuff

Re: Waaagh Gladragz

Post by Chilledenuff » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 pm

So, after an hour of finding minis here are the three armies belonging to Gladragz horde (except one unit of savage orcs and a bsb (curse you maelstrom! these will be model repped if the savages take to the field tonight):

Gladragz ladz:

The Utilivu tribe:

Gladragz Grandest Oonifyed Gobbo Strategik Forse:

Of course none of the units are named (yet) so no regiments of renown, however the (between the 3 armies)13 characters are all named so ~I guess I've got 13 heroes of legend :D

Latedave
Ancient Muppet

Re: Waaagh Gladragz

Post by Latedave » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:31 pm