Sad Muppets FoW Tank Aces Campaign January – April 2013

Sad Muppets will be running “TANK ACES”, a Flames of War event which pits small tank companies against each other in an on-going campaign to be run over 4 months. Forces begin at 500 points and increase to 900 points, culminating in a final grand battle.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Pauly J - Grimnor
Money Muppet

Re: Sad Muppets FoW Tank Aces Campaign January – April 2013

Postby Pauly J - Grimnor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am

Well I can't get Market Garden book yet so I may struggle a bit once we get later on with the points. :(

I can do both set's of points next week.
Give me all of your MONEY MUPPET

Rendorin
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rendorin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 pm

I will bring the book down with me on Tuesday so that you can have a scan over, slight points hike from the old Hells Highway book. But as you say attractive AT now on the Firefly.

Pauly J - Grimnor
Money Muppet

Postby Pauly J - Grimnor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:53 am

That would be great, thanks Martin. Its all about the points.

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Just to confirm, we're going for Feb 12 for our next games?

Are we going for our second 700 and first 900 point games?
Poi

Rendorin
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rendorin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm

That is correct, final 700 pointer followed by 900 points. This should leave time for a 2 vs 2 game the following week!

Rendorin
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rendorin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Evening All,

Well by round of a belated update the Allies have stolen a march and blunted the Axis offensive. Well when I say Allies the Axis appeared to have broken through the initial US defences only to have there attack stalled with the arrival of two new British Allies, so much so that the Germans had to redirect some Hungarian Units to the area to assist in the assault.

The Brits have a slender foothold within the campaign (with a 2 to 1 point lead) but the Germans have managed to find a way through the initial defences, the second phase of the campaign started brightly but it is honours even at the moment so all is left to play for.....

Tomorrows games, as previously stated, will be the second of the 700 point games leading into the 900 point clashes. They will be played out on a 6x4 table this time so giving us plenty of room for maneouver. :D

Pauly J - Grimnor
Money Muppet

Postby Pauly J - Grimnor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Roger will NOT be down tomorrow night so I'll have to take you both on!

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Sorry I couldn't make it down. How did it go?
Poi

Rendorin
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rendorin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Well the final showdown was quite an event. First off the Brits had a stand-off against the Hungarians where the Axis forces first developed a new found understanding and respect for the Brits semi-indirect fire ruling which bought down a significant number of Tigers especially with the new Firefly AT15.

The second game involved a quick 'blue on blue' with the Hungarians taking on the Germans and the Toldi's stole the show with them taking down 3 Panzer IVs and a Panther. By the end of the game only one Panther was left and even that one was severly dented. A good little game which was taken to the wire.

The third and final game was a two on one with the Brits putting approx 16 Shermans in the field, five of which were Fireflies. Whilst the German/Hungarian alliance put out 4 Panthers/3 Tigers and 3 Panzer IVs. In short the game was a bloodfest with tanks popping here there and everywhere and on both sides tanks crews were bailed and were not too keen to remount once out! The Axis were very close to being forced into taking aCompany Morale check with the Panther platoon only just passing their platoon morale check. In the end there was only 2 Panthers and a Tiger left on the table with one sherman unburnt but the crew were well and truly hidden under the tank and were refusing to come out and play.

A good final game, and highlighted the fact that I would have enjoyed playing the whole Tank Aces campaign as planned but unfortunately home events have conspired against me. Maybe if I am back in this neck of the woods again we can have a re-run over the full timeline.

Return to “Flames of War 2013 - Tank Aces”