Naggaroth Nightwings SMBBL2013

Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
jayjay
Teen Muppet

Naggaroth Nightwings SMBBL2013

Post by jayjay » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:59 pm

'Ladies and Slaves,

Matron Mother Brana'ere is pleased to present by the will of the goddess, her team for the sport you call Blood Bowl!
Without further ado, lets meet the the Naggaroth Nightwings!

Jhaelzyne Rilynrae - Blitzer
Elvanisstra Freund - Blitzer
Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer
Solral Torafin - Blitzer
Tebtar Myervs - Runner
Dinrar Claddarn - Lineman
Hriztar Lunmtor - Lineman
Myre Everhrahel - Lineman
Nalerin Noquett - Lineman
Tazral Rilynafin - Lineman
Myrcice Feren'ndar - Lineman

3 Re-Rolls
Apothacary

TV of 1,100,000
Last edited by jayjay on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Re: Naggaroth Nightwings SMBBL2013

Post by jayjay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

‘Wow, what a match. Those Dark Elves sure know how to move the ball around a Blood Bowl pitch, Barry’
‘Damn right there Larry, the passing play was spectacular and the pure viciousness really showed this match’
‘Hang on Barry, I’ll have to stop you there, as we go pitch side to Norman Bludgewort for an exclusive interview with Coach JayJay of the Nightwings’

‘Greetings sport fans, Norman Bludgewort here with Coach JayJay, who is the current head coach of the Naggaroth Nightwings.
First of all may I welcome you and the Nightwings to the prestigious ranks of SMBBL2013.
Now, the match, well if I’m honest it didn’t go well for the Nightwings did it?’
‘Cheers, it’s a pleasure to be here. I’m not sure that’s fair really. Sure a couple of rookie mistakes were made but I don’t feel like we deserved to lose based on our performance on the pitch’
‘So what went wrong?’
‘Well going 2-0 down towards the end of the first half certainly didn’t help, but then almost out of nowhere Solral pulls off a spectacular play in the dying moments to go into the break 2-1.
As we were receiving in the second half, that’s not a bad place to be and the plan was to score early and then defend and score again on the counter attack.
Pulling back 2 each in the first 2 plays of the half was perfect, a nice little one two between Tebtar and Jhaelzyne for the touchdown.’
‘Thats right Coach, it was a fantastic touchdown, with some spectacular off the ball play. Now I REALLY want to ask you about the move in the dying moments of the second half when you were 3- 2 down. Where did that come from, oh man I don’t think I have seen Barry and Larry so excited for a long time. That was absolutely amazing, shame it didn’t work, but by Sigmar the play was b.e.a.utiful.’
‘Yeah, your certainly not wrong there. Who, would have thought it?
Moving the ball from our own end zone, to that far up the pitch it was mind blowing really.
‘Right Coach, take us through the play’
‘Well, things were looking pretty dire. Dying moments and 3-2 down so we had to pull out all the stops. Elvanistra is being blocked by 2 High Elves and no one can really get in there to help. Suddenly in a spark of genius Tebtar who had the ball in our endzone ran forward and passed to Myre who dodged past a High Elf and handed the ball off to Elvanistra whilst in the middle of a bunch of High Elves, somehow managed to give her some support. Elvanistra charged forward now with the ball only a few yards from the Cowboys endzone, bashes a high elf out of the way but gets caught and brought down by a second High Elf.’
‘It certainly was an edge of the seat moment Coach. So, what’s next in store for the Nightwings?’
‘We certainly we will be training hard, focussing on a few secret plays I have plans for. Next week we have been drawn the Nutjobz, so that may well be another entertaining match.’
‘Thanks for your time Coach, good luck with next week, and now back to the studio........’

Thanks Riddles for a really fun match, had a blast and one of these days I'll get my revenge :D *good luck against those Lizards next week*

Roster Updated

Jhaelzyne Rilynrae - Blitzer - Block
Elvanisstra Freund - Blitzer - Block
Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer - Block
Solral Torafin - Blitzer - Block, Dodge
Tebtar Myervs - Runner - Dump-off
3 x Re-Rolls
Apothacary
1 x Fan-Factor

TV 1130

Full Team Roster available HERE

Next week (26th) Dave OJ's Ogres Nobblarz Nutjobz

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Post by jayjay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

‘Good Evening Snot Kickers. Barry and Larry here to give a quick run down on an entertaining match played this evening between the Naggaroth Nightwings and Nobblarz Nutjobz.
So Barry, what are your thoughts on the match?’
‘Well Larry, it certainly was a bone crunching match with plenty of violence. Not a high scoring game though, and I’m not sure what was going on but Coach JayJay of the Nightwings spent most of the match with Coach OJ in the Nutjobz dug-out.
‘Yes Barry that’s right and it certainly isn’t normal Blood Bowl behaviour, but I believe it has something to do with Coach JayJay helping Coach OJ manage his plays.
That certainly won’t help the Nightwings in the league standings, but may well earn bonus sportsmanship points’

All in all a good game against OJ ending 1-1 after being cut short on time.

Roster Updated

Jhaelzyne Rilynrae - Blitzer - Block
Elvanisstra Freund - Blitzer – Block, Dodge
Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer - Block
Tebtar Myervs - Runner - Dump-off, Pass
3 x Re-Rolls
Apothacary
1 x Fan-Factor
110,000GP Treasury
TV 1170

Full Team Roster available HERE

Next Match - 12/03/2013 - The Mighty Donut Eaters

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Post by jayjay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

'Evening Sports fans, Barry and Larry here once again to go over a few of the highlights of last nights bone crunching Blood Bowl match between Naggaroth Nightwings and Mighty Donut Eaters.'
'Well what can we say Larry, the halflings were out in typical halfling fashion.'
'Your not wrong there Barry, blood was everywhere after the match and those Dark Elves certainly did not hold any punches'
'Or boots, foreheads, knees, and elbows for that matter Larry.'
'Certainly was a foul filled match, with Dervin Treefeller and Marlamim Beestinger being sent off from the Eaters, and Nalerin Noquett being sent off from the Nightwings'
'Unfortunately play got caught short due to time, and the end result was 1-1'

Good game last night against Martin, was very fun and very bloody. Nice Blood Bowl :D

Roster Updated

Jhaelzyne Rilynrae - Blitzer - Block, Dodge
Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer - Block, Dodge
Tebtar Myervs - Runner - Dump-off, Pass
3 x Re-Rolls
Apothacary
1 x Fan-Factor
140,000GP Treasury
TV 1210

Next Match - 19/03/2013 - Grumpy Gits......ouch, this may hurt.
Last edited by jayjay on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riddles
Ancient Muppet

Post by riddles » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm

your blitzers upset me ;)

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Post by jayjay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

been very lucky with them to be honest, they do most of the work for the team right now so not really too surprising that they have all now managed their 1st skill-up.
Happy they all have blodge now though, which should help a bit against the bashy teams I have left to play. Not sure how I'm going to develop them from now. Tempted to try and get tackle on them as well, but cant decide.

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Post by jayjay » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:03 am

Very good game against Dave on Tuesday.
High scoring game, and I even managed to take out a few of his players :D

Gate: 21,000
Score: 3-3
Cas: 3-1 (advantage Nightwings)

Roster Updated

Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer - Block, Dodge, Side Step
Tebtar Myervs - Runner - Dump-off, Pass, Nerves of Steel
3 x Re-Rolls
Apothacary
2 x Fan-Factor
200,000GP Treasury
TV 1260

Next Match - 25/06/2013 - Sin Diablo Chargers (gulp)

jayjay
Teen Muppet

Post by jayjay » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Firstly I want to say thank you to James, for a very entertaining match and I look forward to my revenge in the play offs :D

'Evening Sports fans, Barry and Larry here once again to go over a few of the highlights of last night’s Blood Bowl match between the Naggaroth Nightwings and the Sin Diablo Charger from SMBBL 2013.'
'Well Larry, the match was certainly violent.'
'That's right on the money Barry, those Necromantic monstrosities certainly did put the hurt on the Dark Elves.
‘The Nightwings apothecary certainly worked for her pay during the match and I’m sure will be demanding a raise’

Due to inducements I was able to hire a second apothecary, however for the narrative I decided that only the official team one was used

‘The match started with the Nightwings kicking to the Chargers, who promptly moved down the pitch and started to cage around Torn Deathashun the Second. The Dark Elves shifted around getting into defensive positions with Laelstra and Dinrar the lineman running into the Chargers half in an offensive position.
The Dark Elf offensive position was quickly broken by the Chargers, as Wightis Kitley smashed Laelstra to the apothecary who managed to save her from permanent harm.
In the dying moments of the first half, the Nightwings broke the Chargers attack with Solral smacking Torn Deathashun the Second into the dirt causing him to drop the ball. The loose ball was picked up by Tazral who ran up the pitch, passed to Elanisstra who ran it into the end zone for the score.
Half Time and 1-0 Nightwings’

At this time there were 2 linemen in the KO box, and a blitzer in reserves thanks to the apothecary. Only 1 lineman recovered from KO despite have a 3+ roll due to an inducement babe

‘The second half saw the Nightwings starting with 10 Dark Elves on the pitch and receiving the kick-off. The Chargers quickly capitalised on this numerical advantage, by systematically and brutally removing elves from the pitch.
The Nightwings tried moved up the pitch in a loose cage formation, but facing superior numbers their attack was dogged and stalled.
As if out of nowhere, Dug “Krox” Killer blitzed through the meek Dark Elf defence to lay some hurt on Tebtar who was carrying the ball. Tebtar made an emergency pass to Solral who was far too occupied to even think about catching it, the ball bounced off his foot straight into the hands of Dug “Krox” Killer.
The rest of the half proceeded with the Dark Elves putting up a valiant defence but losing players quickly and were unable to stop the Chargers scoring.
Final Score 1-1’

OK, so the match was very painful for the Dark Elves. At the end of the match there were only 2 Dark Elves actually on the pitch, and 1 of them was stunned. I’m just glad that there were no really serious injuries, and the worse that was sustained was a miss next game.

Final Results
Gate: 32,000
Score: 1-1
Cas: 4-0 (advantage Chargers)

Roster Updated
Laelstra Teken'urden - Blitzer - Block, Dodge, Side Step
Tebtar Myervs - Runner - Dump-off, Pass, Nerves of Steel
Hriztar Lunmtor - Lineman - MNG