infernal caretaker
Other Muppet

Re: Dark Future

Postby infernal caretaker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

sounds nice and relaxed!
~Deus Ex Machina~
~For Ferrus Mannus, and the Omnissiah!~
Rule #14:
~Thou Shalt Not Install A Fridge In Thy Rhino To 'Cool Down' Thy Plasma Guns...~

porrter
Cinderella

Postby porrter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:49 am

Means people can play other stuff as well
P.S dont eat the yellow snow

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Thu May 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Is there a planned game for Tuesday?
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I can bring some cars. Either this or Blood Bowl, if I can get someone to do a teach-in. Soooo long since I played, never with the latest rules.
Poi

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Thu May 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Latest rules are pretty much the same as the box rules. It's no different really
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

porrter
Cinderella

Postby porrter » Thu May 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Chilledenuff wrote:Is there a planned game for Tuesday?

Yes will put up details sun/Monday after ASMO is out the way

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Postby Psiclops » Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm

BTW I found the rules that I mentioned during the game last week :

p38 in highlighted section on CURVES : "Cars on curves test against the safety limit printed on the track. When cars are on two lanes with different safety limits, they test against the higher, and therefore safer, limit printed on the outer lane."

and in White Line Fever p7 DRIFTING ON CURVES : "When a vehicle drifts outwards on a curve, it takes a hazard roll for the drift - not for the limit printed on the curve lanes. This allows drivers to take curves safely while travelling at high speeds, by coming at the curve from the inside, and drifting rather than staying in lane."

I don't know if you were using these advanced rules, but this is where I remembered it from. Not bad for 20 years since I played it. Although the target tanker had a Turret Fire Computer, and Dave had Nox which are from these advanced rules, so ....

In any case, you should use the advanced rules, as they make slightly more sense than just the basic rules. They also have rules for Swerving (get to move across BEFORE forward, then across again), drifting inwards on curves, handbrake (bootlegger) turns and Dual actions.

James.

Psiclops
Ancient Muppet

Postby Psiclops » Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 am

Also, given that everyone seemed more intent on killing each other than doing the mission, perhaps look at the campaign in Dead Man's Curve ? Just fights, but with approach rolls determining pusuit, intercept/ambush rules etc., then Salvage & bounties determining how much u have to repair/buy with. Keeps it relatively simple 1 v 1 while people are (re?)-learning, and is great fun. 1 v 1 you'd probably be able to get a few games in in a evening.

Once players have got the hang of it, and perhaps (those that survived) developed gangs, a multiplayer game could be done as part of the story ?

P.S. I particularly like the Kudos & insanity rules in the campaign. I did notice that Mr. Driver (ironic, huh) exhibited some of the more severe traits in his actual play .....

porrter
Cinderella

Postby porrter » Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Psiclops wrote:Also, given that everyone seemed more intent on killing each other than doing the mission, perhaps look at the campaign in Dead Man's Curve ? Just fights, but with approach rolls determining pusuit, intercept/ambush rules etc., then Salvage & bounties determining how much u have to repair/buy with. Keeps it relatively simple 1 v 1 while people are (re?)-learning, and is great fun. 1 v 1 you'd probably be able to get a few games in in a evening.

Once players have got the hang of it, and perhaps (those that survived) developed gangs, a multiplayer game could be done as part of the story ?

P.S. I particularly like the Kudos & insanity rules in the campaign. I did notice that Mr. Driver (ironic, huh) exhibited some of the more severe traits in his actual play .....

We are using all the Dead mans curve stuff. Players can play as many 1 v 1 games as thay want the multiplayer games are every 4 ish weeks as part of a story

Return to “Baby's on the road again”