No 4. Commando

Starting in March there will begin a year long escalation campaign for Flames of War.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Dave R
Ancient Muppet

Re: No 4. Commando

Post by Dave R » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 pm

UNless you attack at night there is an equal chance I'm the one that will be doing the assaulting!

Dave R
Ancient Muppet

Post by Dave R » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Many thanks for the game yesterday, it was fun times.

I actually felt that even though the scenario had wildly different apects to it everything came together very well and it would have been a very interesting game had I not had we not reached time.

I had a good read of the Assault rules last night and we got it practically spot on regarding everything bar one small point. If I had killed all enemy teams within 4" then I win the combat and there are no counterattacks. This would have affected one commando HQ team in the assault on my right flank, who would have been forced to break off instead of being able to choose to counterattack. I don't think it would have changed the redult much.

Otherwise, as far as I can tell everything else was played correctly.

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Yeah, good game indeed! Not sure where it would have gone in the following turns. You'd finished off the main antitank bits I had so the jagdzpanzers may have been an issue. I must remember smoke bombardments. If i'd done that I would have charged across the wheat field and hit your first unit. As it was I was too scared of defensive fire :D
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Return to “Flames of War 2012 - Operation Escalation”