7tv campaign

Want to see you show climb the ratings ladder and your cast gain A-List status? Produce a smash hit series with the new 7tv campaign!
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

7tv campaign

Postby Chilledenuff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 am

This time it's happening! It'll start in June so there will be plenty of time for people to get casts together and painted.

250 ratings in total, using the summer special campaign rules. If you wish to take part reply here. I am more than happy to field questions/froth excitedly at people.

Now I know lots of people reading this are all thinking 'I can't afford another rules system or miniatures' but remember that 7tv is a skirmish game, 250 ratings is normally about 10 miniatures or thereabouts. A star is 60 to 70 ratings before arming them or you boost their stats. Yes lackeys are cheaper, a ninja for example starts as a basic 12 points.

I shall bring rules and source books down to the club if people wish to peruse and muse on this. I will happily froth at length on the coolness of these rules, really allow for an eclectic group of casts. Want to see the A Team take on Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Not a problem, The Sweeney take on the crew of Battlestar Galactica? That's cool too. What's that? The cast of Tour of Duty facing off against the regulars of the Queen Vic? Well you could, but I for one would be laughing at the idea of Peggy Mitchell facing off against a Vietnam veteran :mrgreen:

I shall be taking part, Poi and Kelso have both shown interest so I'll put them on the list below. If you know what cast you will be using let us know as we'll. I shall update the list accordingly.

Les - undecided (either a gritty police cast, a futuristic lost space station crew or an evil mastermind bent on world domination)
Poi - Poi's 7
Kelso - something with space robots (hope its based on the droids cartoon :D )
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Chilledenuff

Re: 7tv campaign

Postby Chilledenuff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am

Further to this I should explain that the campaign rules work along asimilar vein to Necromunda, Bloodbowl, etc.
After each game your result gives you production points which you can use to hire cast members, buy vehicles and the like. There are bonuses for small casts taking on bigger casts (aids game balance and means that small independent show on s4c can square up to the likes of BBC or ITV).
There are two different ways of seeing what happens to a cast member should he get injured in a game. Cinematic or realistic. I'm umming and ahhing about which to use at the moment.
There is also a 2d6 random events table to roll on between games which can either be detrimental of beneficial to your cast. Such as the Benny award being given to your show which gives you 1 additional audience appreciation token per turn in the next game through to the Mary Whitehorse is watching. -1 to all to hit rolls in the next game as you are supposed to be less violent.

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:55 am

Umming about which cast to go with.
Poi's 7 is top of my list (and I could go Terran Federation too)
Silent Running
Ice Station Zebra (Most military cast)
Poi

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Ive been wondering hoe Silent Running would fare. Not the most violent of casts is it?

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Running other casts down in their buggies :)
Poi

porrter
Cinderella

Postby porrter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:04 pm

May be tempted
Ace McCloud and his rocket men
P.S dont eat the yellow snow

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:07 pm

How many smgs?

Spurious
Ancient Muppet

Postby Spurious » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Looks like I shall be raiding the wargames emporium stand at Salute for the Hydra miniatures range. Still trying to work out a theme other than 'robots with rayguns', also which supplements should I be looking at for properly covering them?

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:14 am

On location... Also the heroic cast book that's just come out possibly

Spurious
Ancient Muppet

Postby Spurious » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Right, so here's what I am thinking so far:
Space robots from space have a spaceship in orbit, they're villains but with a cause that could lead them into being notional good-guys at points (team-up episodes) as they're secret enforcers for some alien civilization. Secret enforcers with a propensity towards blasting things with space lasers, theft and abduction.

They've come from beyond to retard human space travel and sciences via 'acquisition' of important items and people, as well as track down any other 'illegal' aliens (rebels, escapees, that kinda thing) that may be helping humans and capture alien artifacts. They're 'the (space) man (robot)' trying to keep humanity 'down' as it were.

They may or may not also have insidious inhuman infiltrators to provide the sneaky side of things to their evil schemes.

Return to “7TV Summer 2013 season”