Planet Les Productions announce new TV show

Want to see you show climb the ratings ladder and your cast gain A-List status? Produce a smash hit series with the new 7tv campaign!
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Planet Les Productions announce new TV show

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:01 am

Planet Les Productions Press release wrote:I can confirm that the world renowned 'Planet Les Productions' are working on a new TV series to be broadcast in June. Further details of the cast, genre and plot will follow but you can be assured that this will be a fast paced intelligent show with a team of characters facing off against an evil organisation. The quirky Les Fulbrook will be writing the scripts and directing

So this is a place holder for my musings on what I shall take in the campaign. I have too many ideas, miniatures (well possibly, but I might purchase some new ones for the campaign :roll: :shhh: :whistle: ) and memories of TV shows from the past. I'll have to whittle it down somewhat but I've narrowed it to a few genres:

Scifi (Think Saphire & Steel, Doctor Who, Terrahawks etc)
Action adventure (think A Team, Knightrider, Buffy etc)
Surreal nonesense (The Prisoner, Randall & Hopkirk, Cateweazle)
Police Drama (The Sweeney, Taggart, Z Cars)

Ok, looks like nearly every type of TV show out there but I've already cut out Horror, Medical Drama, Soap Opera and Cartoons (that was almost a shoe in though! Captain Caveman anyone?).

Not sure if I'll make something completely new up or just a rip off... erm i mean tribute, to a classic series. So much choice... aaargh! :confusion-confused:
Last edited by Chilledenuff on Thu May 16, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Chilledenuff

Re: Planet Les Productions announce new TV show

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:51 am

A cast based on this might be good:'The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Buckaroo_Banzai_Across_the_8th_Dimension

I've never seen it, must find a copy though! What a plot! It concerns the efforts of the multi-talented Dr. Buckaroo Banzai (Peter Weller), a physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock musician, to save the world by defeating a band of inter-dimensional aliens called Red Lectroids from Planet 10.

The star of the movie said he based Buckaroo Banzia on Elia Kazan, Jacques Cousteau, Albert Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Adam Ant.

Buckaroo Banzai's supported by the Hong Kong Cavaliers, lifted (and edited heavily) from Wiki here is a run down of them:

Buckaroo Banzai
A modern-day renaissance man, top neurosurgeon, particle physicist, race car driver, rock star and comic book hero. In the film, he is seen as a mild-mannered hero whose latest experiments open the door to the 8th dimension and unwittingly start an interstellar battle for the world.

The Hong Kong Cavaliers
The Hong Kong Cavaliers are the main assistants of Banzai in the movie. They reside at the Banzai Institute, a think-tank located in Holland Township, New Jersey. In addition to being multidisciplinary scientific experts in a variety of fields, they are also Buckaroo's rock and roll band. Each is referred to by code names or nicknames and, except for New Jersey, their actual names remain secret.

Rawhide,
Arguably Buckaroo's lieutenant. Plays piano. He is killed by a Red Lectroid's poisoned barb

Reno Nevada, who plays saxophone. Reno is romantically involved with another of Buckaroo's teammates, a woman named Pecos (referenced in a line of dialogue as being in Tibet, she appears in the novel, but not in the film).

Perfect Tommy
Plays rhythm guitar, and is generally accepted to be perfect. He designed the Jet Car's suspension system, which allows it to hug the ground even at supersonic speeds.

New Jersey
Whose real name is Dr. Sidney Zweibel. He is a neurosurgeon, and a colleague of Dr. Banzai's from Columbia. He sings a little, dances and plays piano.

Pinky Carruthers,
One of Buckaroo's Blue Blaze Irregulars. Plays bass guitar.

In addition to the Hong Kong Cavaliers, Buckaroo Banzai is assisted by a multi-talented network of supporters and fans. The Radar Rangers are an amateur radio enthusiast group that helps Buckaroo track major threats. The Blue Blaze Irregulars are people of all ages and from all walks of life who help in various ways. The organization includes assault teams in its structure. The Rug Suckers are a team of armed civilians who operate a rug cleaning company, but are available to help Banzai when called upon.

If that isn't the makings of an awesome 7tv cast I don't know what is :lol: Scientists who double up as heroic vigilanties, supported by random people? I think so! I'll think something up and see if it's workable

and the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gNJ1z-ulB4

Loving the dialogue one minute into the trailer

Spurious
Ancient Muppet

Post by Spurious » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:21 pm

I've been meaning to get around to watching that film for years, it's also apparently sneakily referenced several times in Star Trek, and quite blatantly in BattleTech :P
I'm sure that's a testament to its quality, as if you need anything more than the summary for that :D

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 am

I think I shall be going sci-fi. Space 1999 type thing. Look forward to a cast being on line at some point later today. Astronauts, scientists, security guards, technicians, administrators and the like will be the order of the day.
Being me, expect a naff title, link to an awful piece of music as a theme tune and bundles of semi legible text as fluff :D

Return to “7TV Summer 2013 season”