Reboot (again?!?!)

Want to see you show climb the ratings ladder and your cast gain A-List status? Produce a smash hit series with the new 7tv campaign!
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Chilledenuff

Re: Reboot (again?!?!)

Postby Chilledenuff » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi all. I've been musing on what kind of campaign to run over the last few weeks and I think I'll probably try and do a narrative/map based campaign thing (looks horribly clunky but bear with me!) I'll thrash some sort of further details out over the next 2 weeks (work permitting...it gets kind of crazy around Christmas... everyone wants their TVs to work, bizzare)
Unlike last time we won't be using the realistic rules between games. As Carl will agree, they are a bit brutal. Instead we shall use the Cinematic recovery table on page 9 of the Summer Special.
Other changes of note, we will use the standard character creation rules with one difference. Statistic Adjustments will be as per 7th Voyage (page 35 if you have the book) so if you want to increase (for example Def from 3 to 5 it will cost you three of your statistic increase points not two as stipulated in the 7tv book. This will severely hamper people changing one stat by lots as they shouldn't be able to afford to increase others as well. In addition starting characters may not increase thier defence above 5. If you wish to argue a good reason why a character can I'll listen but for me to make an exception expect a very heavy penalty (perhaps forcing a 'cameo' disadvantage as the model is too cumbersome to be there all game)
I think also that starting ratings for casts will be 250. All stars/costars and extras from all Sourcebooks will be allowed. If you want to use archetypes from 7th voyage or 7ombietv that should be fine but PLEASE(!) check with me first as some of the Special Effects don't scale well across genres
8-)
Feel free to comment
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rab » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 pm

I think a narrative based campaign is essential, otherwise you might as well just call it a league. I am also sure you can think up some themes for each round. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Does the all stars/costars thing mean I can use the B7 playtest rules?
Poi

Return to “7TV Summer 2013 season”