Alebelly's OOP Throng (WIP)

Somewhere for you to show off your talents.
(Cue music from ancient TV show)
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
Alebelly_Cragfist
Baby Muppet

Alebelly's OOP Throng (WIP)

Postby Alebelly_Cragfist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Hey Sad Muppets,

This is my first post on this forum, so I guess I should say hi. I'm Matt, 34 and have had a 20+ year haitus from anything wargaming related. I live in Bramley, not far from Basingstoke at all. I've recently been dragged back into the hobby by my cousin, who ran the warhammer students' league at a school he was teaching at. I've had a full on geek-out and got my nerd on recently, lol!

Back in the day, I had all sorts of armies, 40K (Marines, Eldar, Orks), Warhammer (Helfs*, Chaos, Beastmen), most of them never seeing more than primer, a rare few models part painted, almost with a full basecoat! I was very much into the gaming rather than painting side of the hobby back then.

Fast forward 20 years into the future and I've picked up on one of my all time favourite Warhammer FB armies, the Dwarfs!

*What was I thinking?!

Back to the gallery, I've recently started collecting and painting an OOP Marauder Miniatures Dawi Throng. These are the first minis I've ever painted to anything like finished, so please don't be too critical of my lack of blending skills etc! I'm pleased with how these have turned out so far and hope to get up to speed with some of the more complicated painting techniques soon. I hope you appreciate old minis :)

Cheers!
/Alebelly

EDIT: Hmmm, seems these pics cut off in this forum. No idea how to fix it...
"...it's nay jus' me beard that's long, lass!"

My OOP Throng Project

poi
Chief Muppet

Re: Alebelly's OOP Throng (WIP)

Postby poi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

You'll need to resize the originals and repost, as the forum has no resizing software.
Poi

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rab » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 pm

FYI. The max width is 800.

Alebelly_Cragfist
Baby Muppet

Postby Alebelly_Cragfist » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:12 pm

OK, thanks for the reply :) Do you have any idea what thepixel width of these pages are? Cheers!

My OOP Throng Project

Chilledenuff

Postby Chilledenuff » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:17 pm

They look great!
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:28 pm

That depends on your screen resolution, as the forum isn't fixed width any more.
Poi

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Postby daniel_cave00 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 am

Alebelly_Cragfist wrote:These are the first minis I've ever painted to anything like finished, so please don't be too critical of my lack of blending skills etc! I'm pleased with how these have turned out so far and hope to get up to speed with some of the more complicated painting techniques soon.

Ahem...

So from my eyes you have a decent grasp of highlighting and shading. The models are crisp and have character. I would say that even after painting minis for over 5 years I am no where near this level.

"Please dont be critical", your having a laugh right? "Please ask for advice" should be more what you mean.

They are great models, the fact that I had to read twice that these were the first you had gotten to "finished" and I still dont believe it is a testament to this :)

Keep producing painted minis of this caliber and you will have a lot of muppets gawping at your army.

Welcome to the ever growing clam Muppet. Im sure you will enjoy your stay
The muppet with many names

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Tesla Kiwi
Grownup Muppet

Postby Tesla Kiwi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Ahhaah "Clam Muppet" :mrgreen:

Those dwarves look great! Nice and colourful :)
Kill the alien before it can speak its lies!!!

Alebelly_Cragfist
Baby Muppet

Postby Alebelly_Cragfist » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks for your positive comments all, it helps with the motivation :) I'm an incredibly slow painter and don't have a huge amount of free time. Apparently painting in the lounge when the misses is home is not spending quality time with her...?! ;)

I'm part way through the next 10. I've set myself the challenge of getting 80 painted for February, where a load of people from Bugman's Brewery and Ulthuan.net are meeting up for a tens of thousands of points recreation of the War of the Beard/Vengeance at Warhammer World :) I've kinda organised it to date, so can't let the lads down by not bringing any minis of my own, lol!

Do you lot play FB rather than 40K much? My army list is currently only 800pts, but I do fancy a few games :)

My OOP Throng Project

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Postby Rab » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 pm

The dwarfs look very good.

There are a number of fantasy players, including myself. The best thing to do is to post in the finding a game forum with the date and number of points you want to play. I have only been attending muppets for 3-4 months or so..but I can say they are a friendly lot and you can usually find someone who is up for a game if they have nothing else on.

-Rab

Return to “The Gallery”