A Painting Adventure

Somewhere for you to show off your talents.
(Cue music from ancient TV show)
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

A Painting Adventure

Post by phil » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

RIght. I've put paint to brush for the first time in several months, so I thought it about time I start a painting log here.

To begin with, some background -

I started playing Warhammer in around 2007, thanks to a press trip to Games Workshop in Nottingham for a videogame I was writing about back then. I came away with a goody bag that included some Glade Riders and a Wood Elf book, and the seeds were sewn. Prior to that I'd played in my teens for several years, but hadn't considered it something I might pick up again.

A friend of mine decided to collect Beastmen in parallel to my Wood Elf army, and we started playing when time - and distance - allowed... maybe once every few months. Painting had never been a strong point, and with many hobbies and interests to balance - plus a busy work and family life - I dabbled but with little satisfaction at what I was producing.

I didn't then understand that practice and technique actually does lead to improvement, so I assumed I was rubbish and left it at that.

Fast forward to May 2010 and I moved to Basingstoke, and subsequently decided to give Muppets a go. Thanks to some strong encouragement (you know who you are) I overcame initial trepidation and jumped in, with last year's Tale of Muppet Gamers a great excuse for me to commit to playing and painting regularly.

Fast forward another 12 months and I'm delighted with the progress I've made with painting... sadly the generalship hasn't improved with practice, but hey... and so here I'll try to log my progress over time. When I get a minute I'll re-post some of the Tale of Muppet Gamers pics, and post some of the Grimdark Tales models too.

Additionally, I'm inspired to go back to my Wood Elf collection and so hopefully there'll be a few before + after pics of models that I tried to paint a few years ago, and - fingers crossed - how much better they look now.
-- Dutch --

Rab
Ancient Muppet

Come on then...

Post by Rab » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Let us see some of your work...!

Return to “The Gallery”