To war! For Sigmar!

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
phil
Ancient Muppet

Re: To war! For Sigmar!

Post by phil » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

I know they don't cause terror, but 6 naked goblin warbosses would freak the b'jesus outta me.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:40 pm

I would take the terrifying mask of Eeee so that they are as fear causing in game terms as they are in my mind.

Thats just wrong to be able to take a unit of Lord choices at 1500 points, just flat wrong. At least they dont get Look out Sir because none of them are RnF.

Oh and to Phil, Im ready for you. Ive got a printed list and everything, thats right no more writing my list or saying "Its all from memory" got paper, 's all 'fishhall like.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Blimey - I'm both nervous and honoured in equal measures ;-)

In return, I can confirm that all new additions to the army are now painted and based! Phew!
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 am

Wow, I'm still exhausted after last night (oo er missus)... a tricky game and one I'm still a bit surprised I won. I suspect if your magic phases had been a bit less unlucky, then I wouldn't have. Despite rolling for at least 10 dice every turn, something always seemed to prevent the big stuff from coming together.

Anyway, thanks for the game - sorry if I was a bit tired... occupational hazard and time of the year. At least y'all get a break from the Empire forces for a few weeks now!

Hope Saturday all goes well.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

I too was shattered and very shocked to have lost that game, I thought I was playing quite tactically (well until I charged your flipping steamtank without finding out if poisioned attacks worked first).

If only that turn I fluffed Summon undead Horde and Occams Mindrazor had been a little more successful I believe we might have had a different result. Still Im not quite sure how I managed to roll no less than 10 power dice each turn and still not destroy you with Magic.

Oh well next month I might finally get around to buying the Black Coach and then my fighty Vampire list will be complete :)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:19 pm

I've just completed my 1750 list, which I hope to trial in late November. It bulks out a bit that last area that I've felt that I'm lacking (at least as far as is possible), and that's the infantry side of things.

Once tested I have a back-up plan, just in case it sucks...
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Little update - I'm pretty much done with all my painting now. Shame not to have had any takers for a game last week, and I didn't know enough about 40k for this week. I'm now away with work next week, but I'll be all present and correct for the final Tale gathering.

Plan for next year: get to know games other than FB so that I'll be less likely stuck without anybody to play! :-)
-- Dutch --

Chilledenuff

Post by Chilledenuff » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:46 pm

gutted you won't be wh100 gaming next week, glad it's all painted though :clap:
You'll have to take up freebooters fate (no dice required or used so no more misfiring!)
Smile! It's not that bad!
'05: Pixie Jam Trophy winner
'07: A Small Matter of Honour Runner Up
'11: Bruce McGrath Award
'12: Bruce McGrath Award
'14: Pixie Jam Trophy Winner
'15: Bruce McGrath Award
1974-Present: Awful dice rolls

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Haha - yeah, maybe. I'll be looking for some advice on games other than GW stuff, so if people are trying out new stuff or happy to teach me, I'm up for something new in the New Year.

I'll also be following up on my O&G army plans, plus hopging to develop my Eldar force (and finally learn how to play 40k properly).
-- Dutch --

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 am

A little bit of good news - I should be able to come along for the first hour or so, hopefully there for the AGM. Won't be able to stay after that, however.
-- Dutch --

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”