New Blood, Old bones: A tale of muppet gaming

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Re: New Blood, Old bones: A tale of muppet gaming

Post by daniel_cave00 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am

In the end I only needed to paint and base a single monster for tomorrow. He is essentially done however I will probably put a bit more stuff on his base tonight.

I have yet to finish basing my other Ghouls from last time, GW's fault I actually stepped into my local to purchase the Devlan mud required (new pot as I have too little to do the whole lot) and they didnt have any. Apparently they have a delivery on Thursday or I can mail order it and it will be in the store on Friday :think: Not quite sure what thats about however I took the sensible option and told him I would be in on Saturday.

Actually going to run a Vampire Lord this week! My list, if I get to play, is going to be quite top heavy.

Next month I will have a bunch of Grave Guard and a new Vampire model to paint. Whoop!!!

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Mwah ha ha har!!! My waiting has paid off and I have the bits and pieces to build myself a Black Coach, I will hopefully have it built for the final rotation and you never know I might actually finish this whole thing with a painted army.

I have loads of VC incoming for Christmas and my birthday in early Jan so I had better get painting :)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Oooh... sounds real nice :-)

Look forward to seeing it, painted or not...
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am

Well my failure continues. I have to rebuild my black coach after breaking it on Sunday and finding, shock horror, that I didnt have any super glue.

Purchased today so I will be building it before Muppets tonight. It wont be painted or even basecoated due to time lost.

I have painted my Grave Guards banner though. Hopefully I will get to play a game. I am not sure who will be there tonight so I will be taking 40K as well as a backup.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 am

Sorry to hear about the coach.

Meanwhile, I'll be spending most of today in bed, having had a very rough night with fever/illness. I will come tonight to display painted models, but I won't be able to stay for a game I'm afraid. So Richard will need an opponent for his ogres :-(
I'm going to email him shortly.
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 am

Manflu is a pain. Hope you feel better. If you dont feel up to it dont worry about displaying models etc. You are trustworthy enough that I believe you have done it all.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

fynn
Ancient Muppet

Post by fynn » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 am

dont worry about the mail phil, just seen your post. i just have to see whos about, but then if i dont get a game, it means i can get home and try and chil out, as im back on the meds again, so there knocking the crap out of me, bloody tablets

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Damn it bought "serious" glue instead of super glue. Crap doesnt even glue my fingers together, hows it going to hold my coach together?

GRRRRR!!!!!

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

So after a truely tragic set of fluff ups yesterday I ended up playing a list I would rather have not, couple this with the fact that I rushed putting together my Black Coach for NOTHING (grrr) I was surprised to have a rather decent game against Martin.

As per usual my combat Lord (lady) ruled the day. She saw off Elven mage, Mounted Elves, Lion champions, Elven Bowelfs before finally eating a bolt to the chest and dying horribly.

I figured afterwards that I had been rolling too few attacks for Konrad and my BSB, not that this would have mean a big swing in the results given that Martins Lion Guard elves tore my Grave Guard a complete new one (13 casualties in one round :o )

Still it ended up being rather more close than I thought it would have been. My magic phase was basically roll a bunch of dice and hope to not miscast as per usual. I would have preferred to play my Black Coach list and I will have to try and bend a few arms in the new year to get a couple of fantasy games. I must paint a few more things though, so many painted armies and mine is still part assembled and unfinished.

Still I have a bunch of Mantic stock incomming for Christmas and Birthday so I will have a much bigger and varied army in the New Year. Finally getting some Wraiths along with this guy

I am very much looking forward to fielding an Etherial Combat Vampire :)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”