New Blood, Old bones: A tale of muppet gaming

To mark the launch of WFB8, a few of us are starting new armies, starting at 750 points and then growing in 250 point blocks.
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other
fynn
Ancient Muppet

Re: New Blood, Old bones: A tale of muppet gaming

Post by fynn » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:22 pm

is that a 40mm square base or a 50 you want, think i got a couple of 40mm bases here i can bring in if you need em

daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 am

Rich,

I didnt read this yesterday. I think he will be sat on a 50mm due to the way his feet splay. I will have a butchers this weekend at Colours to see if I can get something suitable but if you have a 50mm then I will nab it from it.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:15 pm

So I am almost there. None of my Ghouls have eyes and there are a few dodgy spots on my Necromancer but it will pass muster for the painting checkpoint. I just need to glaze the sanded bases later this afternoon then finish them off tomorrow and I am done.

Close on there but I am lucky that her ladyship is happy watching Charmed today.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Good work! Not much more to go now :-)
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:55 pm

So I ahve put down the paint brush for the day.

I have just finished painting a brown rin around each of my bases. They need to be glazed still but I cant be bothered. I have had a first stab at my Varghulf, not sure about it yet, its very dark!

Male Necromancer, the wave is much more impressive in person

Varghulf, its much darker in person

Varghulf isnt finished yet and the Necro will do for the time being. I dont forsee him being included much though as it is not a sensible model to play.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 am

Good game again last night Dan - a bit better than last time from me, but still not enough! Certainly a bit flimsy on my left flank, but that'll teach me to ask where your general is next time instead of assuming... :-)
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:19 am

Phil was thinking about this today. The mass combat when I broke the generals unit, did you have 3 ranks at that point or 2?

Stubborn works on the basis that if you have more ranks than the smallest unit you are fighting you are stubborn. I was definitely denying 1 rank by charging the flank, however I cant remember if we played it right.

Still it was a good game, though you did have shocking luck (again!). Maybe with the move to 1250 my effectiveness will drop. Still as I said it was a moral victory anyway because my bases werent painted properly.

My Ghouls were having a decent game with the poisioned attacks last night but they couldnt wound normally for toffee. They are a little broken as 8pt troops though, the massive number of attacks they get is a bit crazy. Still bring on the hoard for next month :dance:

Thats the last time I underestimate Empire swordsmen in big units though, couldnt believe that I charged you and lost by 2, you even failed your fear test :o

Additional - Does anyone know how the following scenario is worked out.

Combat between Swordsmen and Ghouls front to front, Wizard on the flank of the Ghouls.

Unit of grave guard charges into another wizard, he runs and I overcharge with enough distance to get into the multi combat behind the wizard or the flank of the swordsmen.

Question A - Who do I charge into as the Wizard was the closest and in the direct path of the charge.

I charged and destroyed the Wizard in the end however it raises the further question

Question B - Do I count as having charged a flank or a rear? I would have moved up to be engaged with the swordsmen on the flank however technically the unit I charged (and destroyed) was engaged in the rear (sounds rude).

It was a bit of a weird one so I believe that we did the flank as there was probably no chance of this set of circumstances being in the rulebook.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

phil
Ancient Muppet

Post by phil » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:26 am

Three full ranks including the first one, so yes - should have been stubborn; but rest easy, as it would have made no difference - I rolled 10 anyway :-)
-- Dutch --

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Mwahahaha I now have hoard movement trays :)

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Post by daniel_cave00 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 pm

In honour of my next big battle I have painted up my BSB

Focus Bearer

Focus Banner

Oh and I know there is a mistake on the banner, the bodies left shoulder has a bit of red on it, havent got the patience to fix that tonight.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “A tale of Muppet gamers 2010”