Let's talk about toy soldiers
Forum rules
Be excellent to each other.
daniel_cave00
The muppet with many names

CANCELLED Sad Muppet Doubles Day

Postby daniel_cave00 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 am

Hi all,

This is the official home of all information regarding the Sad Muppet Doubles Day on 24th July. I have created a skeleton pack which just repeats the following information.

Location, date and time: Glebe Hall, 24th July 2010, 10:30 am - late

Cost: We have decided to charge £5 on the door, regardless of where you are from. This isnt being done to make money and I doubt we will even cover the cost of the hall, thats not whats important though. We just want to play some wargames.

Game type: 40K

More info: Doubles, 1500 point games, 1 team to make list that fits within Standard FOC between them. No restrictions on allies.

Scoring: 5 points a win, 2 points a draw, 0 points a loss. Not that it matters as there are no prizes at all.

Army checking: There will be no formal army checking before or during the day. Lists can be submitted but I wont be checking them. Please dont abuse this trust though, its meant to be fun so dont cheat. If you cheat we will cheat better and you will lose anyway!

Painting: Please ensure the standard of painted armies is adhered to. That means at least 3 colours across the whole model and at least some attempt at basing. There will not be a painting competition, though we will likely fawn over the best painted models, so dont worry so much about it being judged but please make sure its painted.

Ally Restrictions: I have decided to not impose any restrictions on allies. This is more so we can play some games with people we dont usually play with, it is not an excuse to bring broken armies. Its after bragging rights and you cant brag to people who wont talk to you after the game.

There will not be any official policing of games, I expect questions to be answered via gentlemens agreements or the Lady herself through the medium of dice off. If you really need a question answered in game come and ask me. Though I will be playing and not officiating. There will be no swiss system as its not a tournament, it will be a simple matter. Depending on numbers and disposition it may work out that you play against different club members but I cannot guarentee because I dont know who will be coming.

Have I mentioned its not a tournament?

Any further questions will be answered here. Please ask them either directly or via email, send mail to dan@sadmuppets.org.

PS I am a bit of a fluff nut at heart so a cookie or two might be in it for the best fluff surrounding an army selection.

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

neathleanan
Grownup Muppet

Re: Sad Muppet Doubles Day

Postby neathleanan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Dan, I've put a link to this post on my blog. Are you going to invite anyone from local clubs on the GCN forum?

Richard
Doubles Muppet
Anything Worth Doing Hobby Blog
LEGION

KOed Dice Bags

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am

Also, do you want me to send it to the mailing list I have for our events?
Poi

tigernymhp
Grownup Muppet

Postby tigernymhp » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Remember this is in Glebe Hall, not the big hall

poi
Chief Muppet

Postby poi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Just downstairs, or both rooms?
Poi

daniel_cave00

Postby daniel_cave00 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 pm

We have both rooms (as far as I know anyway, we have booked "the hall")

I suppose I could advertise this a little more on the GCN website. As for sending it to our ASMOH and RR list, im not so keen. Its not supposed to be a tournament, it was originally so that Muppets could play on Saturday but I havent had much back from the members.

I suppose we could send news out about it.

We only have 2 confirmed teams at the moment

Me and Carl
The dead presidents (Rich K and D OJ)

There are a few other possibles but none else has confirmed.

What do peoples think? Message on the GCN board sufficient?

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Hive Mind
Baby Muppet

Postby Hive Mind » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

As all has gone quet on this front (no doubt the eye of the storm) I will do my bit to increase participation by saying that I am doing to be else where unless somebody tells me they were banking on me being there.

Cheers,

John

daniel_cave00

Postby daniel_cave00 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:25 pm

At present we have 4 teams. Any coming from your club John? We did have whispers of people interested a while back.

Cheers

Dan

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Postby daniel_cave00 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 am

Update:

We only have 3 interested teams registered. This may be cancelled if we do not get more.

I will make my decision by Tuesday 13th based on responses to an email I sent out

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

daniel_cave00

Postby daniel_cave00 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi all,

I am sad to have to cancel the 24th. We just havent been able to persuade enough people to attend. Trust me I would have preferred to have played because the alternative is working!!!

Maybe next time I will use the words Tournament in order to drum up some more enthusiasm.

Regards,

Dan Cave
Chief Muppet

2011 - Mavis
2010 - Randolph
2009 - Sally
2008 - Ben

Migraines suck!!!

Return to “The games people play”